Jakarta DWP'15

19:22:00 Unknown 0 Comments


For the reason that Malaysia epic rave scene has come to an end, we have to opt for international music festivals. That’s when we came across this music festival that is absolutely well priced to boot, and also much comparable to ZoukOut. DWP is held at the same date with ZO and offers very much similar lineup but with a much tempting budget. It has become our yearly routine music festivals ever since then.


As I recalled, my first DWP in 2014 was epic and memorable, well, maybe minus the part that I actually missed my flight and bought the earliest flight on the spot. Overnight in KLIA was an awful nightmare, I was literally freezing the whole night and such incident really did ruined my mood for a moment. A big shout out here for the boyfriend (we weren’t together back then) for being so patience, enduring my tantrums and not to mention this whole missing flight thing was merely my fault.

Okay enough with the rants, moving on now. Not only that DWP DJ lineup was really badass, the stage setting were good, the whole venue setup was pretty satisfying and I've gained plenty of rave squads throughout the journey. Hence, DWP'15 is a must. Just because we did not do much exploring in Jakarta itself during 2014, I've did some research on the restaurants (yes you heard me, only restaurants ha-ha!) and put some remarkable one in our schedule beforehand.

Note: Proper schedule never goes wrong in a trip. Save the hassles, save our time.

We checked in Alila Jakarta for the first day, to be frank, it was a huge disappointment regarding their standard suite we booked. The check in was slow, the room was spacious but I was anticipating better room décor judging from the pictures from website and price. It was too mediocre to my liking.

DSC08944
Abso LOVE the Christmas décor in the lounge - the grand piano, the Christmas tree made up of white piles of boards and the extensive full height glass panel.

Jakarta is well known of their mad traffic congestions. Making matters worse, public transports are under-developed, and from what I’ve observed, it’s highly inconvenient and unsafe as well. So I would recommend booking hotels around the heart of central Jakarta, preferably with walking distance to the malls. One of the best things in Jakarta is the densely populated shopping malls even in a particular area. Say, Plaza Indonesia and Grand Indonesia which located side by side and there is a massive range of lavish outlets and posh restaurants to visit.

Speaking of which, I’ve visited Union Deli after dinner for their desserts and they totally sweep me off my feet. Plus the boyfriend had been raving ‘bout it all night, which is exceptionally rare. This fella HATES anything that is sweet and as long as I know him, he does not fancy dessert AT ALL. So if he goes on and on about one, that dessert is a champ, undoubtedly! And that goes to… *drum rolls*
DSC08955 DSC08957

Red velvet pie! I don’t have a sweet tooth as I always prefer bitter over sweet treats. Hence I never really fond of red velvet. But this? I could have this all day err’day I swear! Sooooo goooooddddd! Too bad we had our dins before this, I would definitely be back for its main course someday.

DSC08954 DSC08959

We tried to stuff ourselves with one more dessert on menu - Red velvet sundae. It was OH-KAY, if I have to pick one, it'll definitely be red velvet pie!
Jkt1
DSC08974
We had our breakfast in pajamas before we checked out Alila and ready to check in Holiday Inn Jakarta Kemayoran. And I could certainly get used to this laid-back routine everyday.

DSC08997

Checked in and we mad love our stay, nothing is lacking for our comfort.


DSC09003

DSC09017


DSC09018


The hotel location is only walking distance to Jiexpo, however, I would not suggest so as you would have to cross a broad avenue in order to reach. The cab fare is darn cheap anyways, so that would probably be the wiser choice. Not only the strategic location, another point to be highlighted would be the accessibility of decent cafes, restaurants, a food mall and convenience stores which is just located below the hotel.


Despite the fact that we were pretty much sleep-deprived, we managed to drag ourselves up for breakfast buffet every morning. We enjoy the wide range of breakfast buffet choices the hotel has to offer.
DSC09055 DSC09059 DSC09060 DSC09062

I really love the Christmas vibes with all the pretty decors everywhere.


DWP was held for 2 nights in a row. Dope lineups and even better stage setting this time around. However, the only cons would be the expenses you have to deal with inside the venue. The food and booze price shoots up ridiculously compare to the previous year so please get yourself tipsy before get in the venue. Also, prepare extra cash for food as the show goes on until 4 in the morning. You wouldn't want to starve yourself all night. 


Untitled Untitled My rave squad is cooler than yours. HA-HA!



  DSC09051 

  BAE!


  Untitled Untitled Untitled 
The hardcore HK raver friend.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled 
JACK-U!

Untitled

Friends from Jakarta - May, Welson & May's boyfriend. So happy to see them again! We knew them through a lift faulty in the same hotel we were staying during DWP'14. They're the best hosts and hostess we could EVER find. Truly blessed to know them as friends.

DSC09072 As usual, May found us some cute photobox for free in DWP!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled 
Oh my fave bubble milk tea all timeee!

Untitled

Untitled


DSC09042

DSC09040

Untitled

UntitledUntitled

On the last night in Jakarta, we went Kamo Kuma for dinner as it located just right opposite our hotel. Nothing to rave about but the nibbles and dessert aren’t bad.

DSC09075


Matcha, match, and MATCHA EVERYTHING! Yay! I.GENUINELY.MISS.JAPAN! They have the best matcha and green tea in literally everything. And they all taste soooo gooodddd. The only depressing part is when you’ve tried the best, the rest becomes ordinary. Meh.
DSC09085


This is the perfect comfort food – injection bitterballen. It was melting, oozing on the inside with cheese and beef and with impeccable golden brown crispy crust on the outside. Yums!
DSC09073


Kamo Kuma, Sunter, Jakarta.

Rukan Puri Mutiara, Jl. Griya Utama Blok BG No. 12, Sunter, Jakarta


A big fat thank you to May for fetching the boyfriend and I to airport on the early morning also got us this ROTI BAKSO that taste REALLY GOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD! According to her, this must be pre-booked so make sure you get this I swear its darn good. Photo courtesy of icipicipiniitu blog.

Overall, DWP is a great idea for cheap budget with remarkable international lineup. Plus, cabs fares are cheap, decent hotels are affordable and food are reasonably priced. I’ll update my Japan/Ultra Japan trip on the next. Just want to save the best for last.

Untitled
And after several nights of inadequate rest & excessive alcohol intake, I just want to snug in my bed and do nothing. Toodles!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: